Online Monthly Soul Motion® Dance for BIPOC
for self-identified Black, Indigenous, People of Color
First Friday of every month starting May 1st
6:00-7:30 pm, Pacific Time, West Coast USA
* Pre-registration required*
Now accepting registration for Friday, June 5th
… share with your friends
1) Upon payment via Paypal write your full name and email address.
2) You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of registration.
3) On the day of class you will receive another email with the zoom link, ID, and password 90 minutes before class begins. If you do not receive this link check your “Spam” and “Promotions” folders or email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register separately for each class. Classes will be held on:
Friday, May 1st
Friday, June 5th
Let’s come together every first Friday for a Soul Motion® dance. Valerie will curate a unique playlist. We will end with a closing circle.
As people of color, we rarely get a chance to move together, breathe together, rest together, or dream together.
In this time of physical distancing, it is more important than ever to continue building community in every way we can. Let’s celebrate, and grow new seeds of resilience alone and together. Let the richness of our history, with all its brilliance and suffering, inform our dances.
All are welcome… beginners and dance devotees. All ages and all genders are encouraged to attend.
We will use a platform called zoom. Join us with your computer, iPad, or mobile device and a good internet connection.
Zoom classes tips:
1) Speaker view and Grid/Gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. Grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
2) The ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. It also means you can make as much noise as you want. The Host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
3) The ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. Keep it on as it helps build connection. Your presence matters!
4) The CHAT feature – via the ‘Speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. If you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
5) The ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
Thank you to the wider dance community for these tips